FRANCE’s football bosses will start searching for a new boss for the women’s national team after the sacking of Corinne Diacre.
The 48-year-old was fired from her role as boss of the France women’s team four months before her World Cup appearance.
The French Football Federation have taken the decision to sack Diacre due to what they described as a ‘very big gap with leaders’.
Her move comes after three of the team’s biggest stars, including skipper Wendie Renard, resigned from international duty over concerns about the players’ working conditions.
Before the sacking, Diacre issued a statement through her lawyers on Wednesday, taking action against what she described as a “smear campaign.”
However, the FFF chose to end their six-year reign in a move supported by their Executive Committee.
In a written statement released on Thursday, the federation said: “The Executive Committee of the FFF, which this Thursday 9 of the French women’s team, after the various positions of several players.
“The numerous hearings carried out have made it possible to note the observation of a very significant gap with leaders and to show a discrepancy with the requirements of the very high level.
“This rupture has reached a point of no return, damaging the interests of selection.
“If the FFF recognizes the commitment and seriousness of Corinne Diacre and her collaborators in carrying out their mission, the malfunctions observed in this context appear to be irreversible.
“In light of these elements, it was decided to end Corinne Diacre’s mission as manager of the France women’s team.
“This coaching change is part of a new global ambition, led by the FFF, in favor of the development of women’s football and the performance of the French team, which must achieve high goals during the 2023 World Cup and the 2024 Olympic Games.”
“Philippe Diallo has asked the commission to present the candidates for the post of coach and formulate their recommendations as soon as possible.”
Diacre’s sacking comes four days after France star Kadidiatou Diani, 27, criticized the “lack of professionalism” in the national team in an interview with French TV channel Telefoot.
The striker, who has won 82 senior caps, admitted her team-mates could no longer take the current conditions.
She said: “I think we really lack professionalism in the French team, the staff is quite limited today.
“It is the coach who decides (training) that there is no assistant coach or specific coach for the attackers if I really want to work in goal.
“It’s important to have something new because the girls can’t take it anymore”,
Diani’s interview followed her captain Renard, who took to social media to announce her intention to retire from the national team.
In a statement released via her official Twitter account two weeks ago, the 32-year-old centre-back wrote: “I love France more than anything.
“I’m not perfect, far from it, but I can no longer support the current system, which is far from the top-level requirements.”
Diacre, 48, whose tenure as coach began in August 2017, led the team to the quarterfinals of the 2019 World Cup, where they were beaten by tournament winners USA.
And they reached the semi-finals of last summer’s Euros, where they lost to Germany at Stadium MK last July.
Diacre’s ban has been dogged by controversy as the manager has reportedly fallen out with some of the team’s older stars.
Midfielder Amandine Henry has been left out of the France squad for Euro 2022 despite her outstanding Lyon shifts last year.
This includes a player on the game board in his Champions League triumph last season.
It was reported that Diacre had fallen out with the midfield star who led France during the 2019 World Cup.