Gauff vs. Raducanu LIVE – Australian Open DAY 3 LIVE: The second round of the Australian Open will witness a blockbuster…
Gauff vs Raducanu LIVE – Australian Open DAY 3 LIVE: The second round of the Australian Open will witness a blockbuster competition. Young and rising stars Emma Raducanu and Coco Gauff compete for a place in the third round of the Grand Slam event. The match will be played on Wednesday 18 January 2023. It is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. IST. consequences Australian Open 2023 LIVE updates on InsideSport.IN
Gauff vs Raducanu LIVE streaming: Coco Gauff meets Emma Raducanu in blockbuster second round competition at Australian Open 2023 – Follow LIVE updates
Also read: Australian Open DAY3 LIVE: Iga Swiatek in ROUND 3, Rafael…
Gauff and Raducanu are two incredibly talented youngsters. Both players have made rapid progress in their respective careers. They have the potential to lead the women’s individual circus for years to come. While Raducanu burst onto the scene by winning the 2021 US Open title as a qualifier, Gauff’s rise has been much more steady. The upcoming competition between the two players is being touted as the start of the “next great rivalry on the WTA Tour”.
- Coco Gauff is the seventh seed in the tournament. She’s one of the title favorites, especially after her blistering run last year.
- The 18-year-old American reached the first Grand Slam final of her career at the French Open last year. She faced world No. 1 Iga Swiatek in the summit battle and lost the competition in straight sets to finish second.
- She then reached the first quarterfinals of her career at the US Open. These performances helped her break through into the top 10 in the world rankings for the first time.
- She also reached the WTA Finals for the first time in her career. Despite a group stage elimination from the tournament, she managed to finish the year as world No. 7.
- Her run continued earlier in the year at the ASB Classic where she took the title.
- At the Australian Open, she stormed past Karolina Siniakova in straight sets 6-1, 6-4 to advance to the second round.
— wta (@WTA) January 16, 2023
- Emma Raducanu, meanwhile, had a contrasting season in 2022. It was her first full season on the WTA Tour.
- She should build on that momentum after her US Open winning performance in 2021. However, she suffered from her form and fitness.
- She has had to withdraw from up to four tournaments due to multiple injuries she sustained throughout the season.
- Her poor performance last year caused her to slip to 77th in the world in the WTA rankings.
- Now she wants to climb the ladder again. The Briton has started the current season on a positive note.
- Although she had to drop out of the ASB Classic with an ankle injury, she showed no sign of discomfort in her first round competition at the Australian Open.
- She effortlessly defeated Tamara Korpatsch in straight sets 6-3, 6-2 to face Coco Gauff.
Gauff vs Raducanu Head to Head: The two youngsters face each other for the first time on the WTA Tour. While Gauff has been consistent over the past year, Raducanu has come out on top in Grand Slam events as she has a title to boast about. It becomes a banger of a competition and can swing either way.
How to watch Australian Open 2023 live in India?
Indian tennis fans can watch the Australian Open live via the official SonyLIV app along with at least two English TV channels on the Sony SPORTS network.
Australian Open 2023 live streaming will be available in India via SonyLIV app.